Saturday, July 29, 2017

Spotlight Poinsettia

Here is my final card for my personal challenge of Christmas cards in July. This card was created so it could be entered into Unity Stamp Company's “Holiday, any Holiday” challenge on their Facebook show and tell page. This group has some very talented artists, but I am up for the challenge. 

I initially viewed the challenge as a Christmas holiday type challenge, and settled on some older stamps to use. I purchased their newest snowman stamps, but wanted to use stamps that others may not be using. Knowing my chances of winning is based on appearance and not a random number generator, I wanted to step it up a notch. I used this spotlight technique and colored this single poinsettia and made it the focus of the card. I wanted red cardstock to match my holly berries, so that was colored with a Copic marker. 



Here are the supplies I used:

Stamps:
Sending Holiday Wishes (Unity Stamp Co.)

Paper:
Garden Green (Stampin Up)
Very Vanilla (SU)

Ink:
Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copic Sketch Markers (Various)

Accessories:
Sizzix Big Shot
Holly TIEF (SU)
2” Circle Punch (SU)
Stitched Shapes Framelits (SU)
Modern Label Punch (SU Retired)
Word Window (SU Retired) 



No comments:

Post a Comment