Sunday, July 9, 2017

Elegant in Gold

I really had no plans of making all Christmas cards in July… but here I was looking over my Christmas stamps again. I pondered over this background stamp several times before I actually bought it last December. I had several ideas in mind, but I decided to change up a past design that was dry embossed and use heat embossing instead. 

The main picture does not do this card justice. You can not see the glimmer of the paper and the dimension of the raised gold embossing. Up close you can see the details much better. While this card will look beautiful with other jewel tone colors used in place of the vanilla, I like the elegant look of the vanilla here as pictured. 




Here are the supplies I used:

Stamps:
Merry Medley (SU Retired)
Solemn Stillness (SU Retired)

Paper:
Brushed Gold (SU Retired)
Very Vanilla (SU)

Ink:
Versamark

Accessories:
Marry Heat Tool
Gold Embossing Powder (SU)



No comments:

Post a Comment