Sunday, July 2, 2017

Christmas in July

Christmas in July… say what? I am one of those people who just love to make Christmas cards. With the preview of the new Stampin Up Holiday catalog just a few weeks away, I decided to play with some of my favorite stamps in preparation for this upcoming release. 

This is a new set I purchased outside of the holiday season. I think this snowman can be colored or even paper pieced in a variety of colors to really change up the final look. I choose the purple simple because I like using non traditional colors for Christmas. Don't get me wrong… I love to use red and green, but nobody says we have to color inside the lines with this holiday. As hard as I tried, you simply cannot see the beautiful shimmer on this hat from the clear Wink of Stella marker in my picture.



Here are the supplies I used:

Stamps:
Snowy (Penny Black)
Snowbody warms my heart (Unity)

Paper:
Wisteria Wonder (SU)
Whisper White (SU)

Ink:
Archival Basic Black (SU) 

Accessories:
Copic Markers
Sizzix Big Shot
Frosty's Snow Die (Penny Black)
Darice Embossing Folder
Spellbinders Nestabilities
Clear Wink of Stella


No comments:

Post a Comment