Sunday, July 16, 2017

Quick & Easy Cardinal

Not everyone celebrates Christmas, and for this reason I try to have my share of seasonal cards handy. Not celebrating Christmas doesn't always mean you celebrate Hanukkah, there could be other reasons or factors in play. In my area of the world, winter means lots of snow and cardinals. 

Cardinals are birds that are around all year. I think the reason we spot them more in the winter is that their beautiful feathers stand out sharply against the pure white snow. They are commonly associated with Christmas, maybe it's because they are already dressed in the proper colors for the big day. Cardinals are one of my mother in laws favorite birds, so it was an easy choice for this quick and easy card.   



Here are the supplies I used:

Stamps:
Poinsettia Wishes (Unity Stamp Company)

Paper:
Whisper White (SU)
Real Red (SU)

Ink:
Real Red (SU)

Accessories:
Sizzix Big Shot
Woodland TIEF
Modern Label punch (SU retired)
Word Window (SU retired)
Little Birds Die (Gina Marie Designs)




No comments:

Post a Comment