Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Ombré butterfly


This card was created as part of the “Make it Monday” challenge at Papertrey Ink. I was introduced to this company by my friend Crystal, who also challenged me to create a card to go along with this weeks theme titled: Color Blocking. To participate in this challenge you gave to use at least one PTI item. My inventory from them is mainly cardstock, so I was limited with other items I had on hand. 

I grabbed my stamps and quickly decided on this butterfly cover plate. I had about 30 minutes to spare before I left for work (and my cat was sleeping) so it was the perfect opportunity to quickly whip something together. I pulled out my favorite Tim Holtz Distress Oxide color combination, and inked an ombré type look. I lightly spritzed it with water a couple of times before die cutting the butterfly. What I was hoping for as a result came out better then I imagined. I chose to leave the card without sentiment and will be able to use this for a variety of occasions. 



Here are the supplies I used:

Stamps:
None

Paper:
Stampers Select White (PTI)
Blueberry Sky (PTI)

Ink:
Faded Jeans Distress Oxide (Tim Holtz) 
Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide (Tim Holtz)
Broken China Distress Oxide (Tim Holtz)

Accessories:
Sizzix Big Shot
Butterfly Hope cover plate die (PTI)
Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer



4 comments:

  1. Love it, Eileen!! So glad you humored my challenge and played along! Love your ombre butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely card. I love butterflies and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rushing before work was a good thing for you, Eileen, as your beautiful color-blocked butterflies look gorgeous this way!

    ReplyDelete