Sunday, August 6, 2017

Pretty in Pink

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I saw a card similar to this design created by my friend Crystal. The layout was just gorgeous, and I simply needed to get the stitched dies that she used. I like the stitched detail, and believe it adds more to the card then just a rounded edge. 

This flower was one of my first cuts using my ScanNCut. I have seen many people say “you will never buy metal dies again”. After seeing how quickly and perfectly it cut, I may agree.  Use this and free up more money for stamps… SOLD! The idea to use a repurposed library book came from a paper piecing tutorial I saw, but I like this outcome much better. While my coloring skills need some work, I think the recipient won't notice and will enjoy the card when received. 



Here are the supplies I used:

Stamps:
Time to Enjoy Life  (Unity Stamp Co. Kit of the Month June 2017)
Your Smile (Unity)

Paper:
Blushing Bride (Stampin Up)
Very Vanilla (SU)
Newsprint (Repurposed Library Book)

Ink:
Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copic Sketch Markers (Various)

Accessories:
Sizzix Big Shot
Brother ScanNCut
Die-Namics Blueprints 31(My Favorite Things) 




1 comment: