Saturday, December 2, 2017

Friends of Unity December Blog Hop

Welcome Unity fans to our Friends of Unity December blog hop! This month I am featuring my favorite new reindeer stamp. I wasn’t sold on this one until I started seeing all the awesome creations from other fans just like you! 

When I decided to use this stamp set for my design, this idea popped in my head. I loved seeing the reindeer heat embossed, so I knew that would be one element of my card. I went back and forth on the color choices between gold, silver, or copper... then what colors next? I loved the elegant and simplistic look of the gold with the black so much that I didn’t attempt any other color combinations. I debated on the red nose... and as you can see Rudolph decided to make an appearance.



Here are the supplies I used:

Stamps:
...Cheerful Prancing (Unity Stamp Company)

Paper:
Vellum (Stampin Up)
True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Brushed Gold (Recollections)

Ink:
Versamark (SU)

Accessories:
Tim Holtz Stamp Platform (Blitsy)
Marvy Heat Tool
Gold Embossing Powder (SU)
Christmas Red Stickles (Simon Says Stamp)


FRIENDS OF UNITY BLOG HOP MEMBERS
Eileen Mathys (You're Here!)





27 comments:

  1. I love how you listed what you used. So helpful. Love the red nose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... I like to list what is used for those who may want to CASE the card.

      Delete
  2. Love it! So elegant! And that touch of red to the nose... fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I have been using the deer for my Christmas cards. Just love the noses in the air!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to my stamping platform, I have made several of these!

      Delete
  4. Very classy! The red nose adds a pop of colour, LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That deer Stamp is gorgeous! I love the red nose - very clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks great either way, but I like the red nose too!

      Delete
  6. Love these deer, they look fabulous embossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are easy and quick to make. Those are my favorite kind!

      Delete
  7. Love the simple but elegant look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eileen...simply gorgeous and I love their red noses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and an elegant Christmas card! I love these reindeer stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Classy and elegant too! Love the red nose : ) Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was like you and not sure I loved this set, but the more beautiful creations like this I see, the more I think I need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was what I thought at first... the samples get me every time!

      Delete
  12. Your card is so beautiful and brings the Christmas spirit alive. I love the gold embossing just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Embossing can make almost any card just pop! This was very easy to make.

      Delete
  13. What a beautiful card! Love the gold and black.
    Thank you for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! We all inspire each other.

      Delete