Saturday, December 9, 2017

Silver Poinsettia

This card was created as an entry for the Unity Holiday Card Challenge. The caveat to this challenge: no red, no green. Red and green is traditional... but I have always been a fan of adding metallic hues to my holiday cards. I love gold, silver, copper or bronze accents this time of year. Christmas cards are my favorite to make, so I will always take extra time and effort to make them look elegant and special. 

On this card I choose the same layout as the one on the card I featured in my Friends of Unity blog hop post which you can see here. I choose navy and silver for this card, but unfortunately the navy did not photograph well and looks black in this picture. There are so many techniques you can do with vellum and/or a heat embossed image, but I stopped here as I felt any addition at this point would take away from the elegance and simplicity that I have obtained in this card. 



Here are the supplies I used:

Stamps:
...Poinsettia with Love (Unity Stamp Company)

Paper:
Dark Indigo (Papertrey Ink)
Brushed Silver (Recollections)
Vellum (Stampin Up)

Ink:
Versamark (SU)

Accessories:
Marvy Heat tool 
Tim Holtz Stamp Platform (Blitsy)
Silver embossing powder (SU)






7 comments: