Sunday, September 24, 2017

Sunflower for Fall

Sunflowers have always been one of my favorite flowers. Chances are that if a company has one for sale, I am going to want to have it. When I saw this set for sale in the Stampin Up Holiday Catalog, it was the first item to go on my wish list. This was my first attempt at inking it up, and was very happy with the results. 

It took a few tries to get the desired outcome that I was happy with. I double stamped the sunflower in the same color, preferring the softer color as seen in the picture. I used my copic sketch marker to color the outer portion of the stitched circle, as I felt a layered circle was too overpowering for the card. 



Here are the supplies I used:

Stamps:
Painted Harvest (Stampin Up)

Paper:
Whisper White (SU)
So Saffron (SU)
Wild Wasabi (SU)

Ink:
So Saffron (SU)
Crumb Cake (SU)
Soft Suede(SU)
Copic Sketch Markers (Various)

Accessories:
Sizzix Big Shot
Beautiful Branches Thinlits (SU Retired)
Stitched Shapes Framelits (SU)







No comments:

Post a Comment