Sunday, October 1, 2017

Resist with a Twist

Looking for a creative outlet after a long week of work, I decided to once again reach for a stamp that I have purchased but haven't used yet. I have seen this colored in many different ways, but decided to do an emboss resist with a twist. 

The first thing I did was heat embossed the image with white embossing powder, then sponged on Tim Holtz’s Distress Oxide in Faded Jeans. I tried to focus the darkest concentration of color on and around the floral image. Once the ink was dry, I took some water and a small paintbrush and painted water on the inside of each flower and leaf. The nice thing about the embossing is that it keeps the water from spreading all over the card. For best results, be generous with the water, but not too generous that it spills over your embossed edges. Apply the water and dab it off as you go. I hope you are happy with the results! 



Here are the supplies I used:

Stamps:
Hello Lovely (Concord & 9th)

Paper:
Stampers Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Vellum (Stampin Up)

Ink:
Faded Jeans Distress Oxide (Tim Holtz)
Versamark

Accessories:
Marvy Heat Tool
Foam Blending Tool
White Embossing Powder (Recollections)
Paintbrush
Triple Banner Punch (SU)






1 comment: