Sunday, April 23, 2017

Highlighting Your Birthday

I am a self admitted font junkie. I can either love or leave a stamp set simply by the font style chosen for the sentiments. I have several stamps that say 'Happy Birthday' just because I like the way the loops and swirls of the letters look together. I think this is the most common sentiment I own.

The background stamp used is one of my favorites, as I can make a quick and easy card using this pattern. I recently stumbled upon the technique used in this card while watching one of Jennifer McGuire's videos. It was suggested to use a background stamp to save time, and I knew this one was perfect for the job at hand. Jennifer is truly one of my favorite people to watch for ideas and inspiration. She gives great tips on how to use what I have on hand, while also adding items to my ever growing crafty wish list.

Here is the technique in a nutshell: White craft ink gets sponged around the center of the lacy image. You need to sponge, but also sweep your ink outward and remember to let dry or heat set between layers of ink. Once you achieve a satisfactory amount of white highlighting and the ink has dried, proceed with embossing the sentiment. The result creates a glow around the image that really helps it to stand out.



Here are the supplies I used:

Stamps:
Something Lacy (SU)
Big Scripty Greeting (Simon Says Stamp)

Paper:
Marina Mist (SU)
Soft Sky (SU)
Brushed Silver (Recollections)

Ink:
Marina Mist (SU)
Versamark
Craft White (SU)

Accessories:
Marvy Heat Gun
Silver Embossing Powder (SU)
Sponge Dauber (SU)
Embossing Buddy (SU)

No comments:

Post a Comment