Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Pink Butterfly

This card was created as part of the “Make it Monday” challenge at Papertrey Ink. This weeks theme was monochrome color pop. I knew instantly in my head what my design was going to be, and I was hoping that it would turn out as well as imagined. My second hope was that I would be able to find some time to get this card done. 

The card didn't take long, and I was school girl giddy as to how much I enjoyed this new cover plate that I purchased. I was almost tempted to try the other one and compare the two… but when I glanced at the clock, I chalked that idea up to another day. I chose the pink as my pop of color because I think it makes the best contrast to the dark colors used. 



Here are the supplies I used:

Stamps:
Butterfly Hope (Papertrey Ink)

Paper:
True Black (PTI)
Smokey Shadow (PTI)
Raspberry Fizz (PTI)

Ink:
Tuxedo Black (Memento)

Accessories:
Sizzix Big Shot
Butterfly Hope Die (PTI)
Cover Plate: Stripes Horizontal Die (PTI)






6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Eileen! Love the pink on the dark colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Eileen! That pink in the butterfly and one stripe really pop...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! I love the pop of pink... very creative design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect way to pop in color! Great design too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That die works well for monochrome design and the pink pop, pops! Enjoy that gc too!

    ReplyDelete