Saturday, August 19, 2017

Poppy "Pop"

Poppies hold a special place in my heart. The meaning behind them reminds me of the story of Flanders Field I learned in history class some 20+ years ago. My great grandfather fought in that war, a man whom I had never met. 

I made this card to participate with the current Unity challenge. We are challenged to use a  kraft colored base, twine and add one splash of any color. I have a lot of stamps to choose from, but decided on these flowers, and then instantly knew my splash of color. Red is the color for poppies, and it makes a beautiful contrast to the kraft cardstock used. 



Here are the supplies I used:

Stamps:
Donna Poppies (Unity Stamp Company)
Rosey Thoughts (Unity)

Paper:
Classic Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Vanilla (PTI)

Ink:
Real Red (Stampin Up)
Soft Suede (SU)

Accessories:
Brother Scan N Cut
Hampton Arts Stamp Perfect
Stampin Dimensionals (SU)
Twine (PTI)
Scallop Punch (SU Retired)
Oval Punch(SU Retired)






1 comment:

  1. I love it! The pop of red is perfect on Kraft! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete