Saturday, June 2, 2018

Friends of Unity June Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to our Friends of Unity June Blog Hop. This month the theme is Masculine. Just like last month with the "Motherly Love" theme, both my father and my father in law, are not much for mushy type of cards. I honestly don't think they care if they get a card at all... kind of like when we were little kids, you read it quickly knowing the real prize was inside the card... Money. Instead of finding money in these cards, our fathers will find gift cards to their favorite hunting and fishing store. Somewhat a predictable gift... but one they look forward to and will use.

The layout for this card is one of my favorites. When I struggle with what to make, or sometimes when I need to make a quick card I generally fall back to sketches that I really like. That was not the case when designing this card... but as I figured the male figure looks picture perfect in his “Polaroid” snapshot. This Lawn Fawn lawn cut is one of my favorites with a space just wide enough on the bottom for the sentiment.



Hop along with the other Friends of Unity and see their creations... (Psst! There is a giveaway too!)

Eileen Mathys (you’re here)

Stamps:
Forrest Guy (Unity Stamp Company)

Paper:
Enchanted Evening (Papertrey Ink)
Vintage Cream (PTI)
Crushed Curry (Stampin Up)
True Gentleman DSP (SU Retired)

Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black (SU)

Accessories:
Sizzix Big Shot (SU)
Say Cheese Lawn Cut (Lawn Fawn Retired)
Copic Sketch Markers (Jerry’s Artarama)

18 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of this card. Forrest guy is on my wishlist .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully done CAS card, great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eileen, he is picture perfect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome!!!! Love the Polaroid look. Very cool

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun Polaroid, great coloring, and love the plaid. I'm sure they will love it and inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job. Ugh it wouldn't allow me to delete previous comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card design too. The polaroid frame is perfect for any time of card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore Forest guy. And I loved how you used him

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Polaroid look to this design! That Forrest is a handsome dude! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing wrong with a simple card, especially with a great design like this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card! Love this design and your coloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect card, love the plaid paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely CAS card! Great layout and color.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That’s a great masculine card !
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete