Friday, June 15, 2018

Growing in Unity Day Five

Hello and Welcome back to my Growing in Unity Day Five post. If you missed my previous posts,  you can view them here:
MONDAY
TUESDAY
WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY

If I was to stamp a self portrait, this would be it. Always with a book in hand and always with a stack of books nearby to read at any one time. Notice the cat in the background... thats me too. I have one, and my adult children have jokingly heard me refer to her as our best behaved daughter. I have been a life long reader... I can remember reading before starting school. In Kindergarten when the other students were learning how to read, I was allowed to go to the library. My love of mystery stories started with Nancy Drew... I read all the copies that our little school library had.

I work as a librarian... which I call my dream job. The greatest joy of my work day is finding books for young readers, who like myself would read three and four books a week. I still enjoy reading the books of my youth as well as the NYT best sellers. Many times you will find me in my craft room listening to an audiobook while I craft... one of the best ways to multi task. It allows me to get two of my favorite things done without being forced to choose.



Don't forget to comment to be entered to win a prize pack supplied by Unity!

Stamps:
Start Something New (Unity Stamp Company)
Library Background (Brutus Monroe)

Paper:
Stampers Select White (Papertrey Ink)
True Black (PTI)
Pure Poppy (PTI)

Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black (SU)

Accessories:
Sizzix Big Shot (SU)
Petite Ovals Large (Spellbinders)
Petite Scalloped Ovals Large (Spellbinders)
Copic Sketch Markers (Jerry's Artarama)

22 comments:

  1. Nice!!! I do like the background with the image! And I like cats and books too, which can go together, if the cat's in the mood.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh... I loved Nancy Drew!! And I love your card... the pop of color on your main image makes her look like she’s in a room of books! Love!! Awesome week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Especially since I love to read & have a cat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are a family of readers too and I adore this card. I listen to audiobooks all of the time. I just purchased some Nancy Drew books at our library book sale from the time period I read them (in the 1960's) to read with my granddaughter this summer. I know that they update them periodically so I wanted to see how different they were reading them now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card. The background paper is great as well as your coloring. The frame is nice with the red. I have this stamp and it reminds me of my daughter! Thank you so much for the inspirations all week, it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card! I love your job!! I would LOVE to be a librarian!! and get to spark imagination and wonder into little kids just learning the amazing world of books. Have enjoyed your week of creations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, I have this one too, it reminds me of my Grand-daughter, she loves to read. thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great card! I love the background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card that reflects your passion. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. YepYepYep!! Love this card!! annnnd I LOVED reading Nancy Drew too! Wow, I didn't know we had that in common!! ;) I think this card is amazing... I like the B & W background! You've inspired me with this one, too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! I LOVE this card!! And my love of mysteries started with Nancy Drew, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fellow book lover here. I love this stamp and your design and colours are fabtastic. Thanks for sharing this week. It's been delightful visiting and seeing your projects. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is me too! I considered becoming a librarian.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used to love reading Nancy Drew mysteries, too! And also reading several books a week (usually romance novels way back when!). Now it's pretty much mysteries from Baldacci, Isles, Patterson, etc.
    Love your darling card & that image. Thanks for a wonderful week of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love mysteries too and hooked my kids on them too. Love your coloring, library background, and design. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love reading too, this card would be perfect for me

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great card, this would be great to send with you college bound daughter. Great week thanks for all the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this card and the fact that you've turned something you love into a career.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card! Love the library background...so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That’s a fantastic card ! Sorry but my English isn’t good enough to say everything I’d like to !... 😭
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a cool card! Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete