Saturday, May 26, 2018

Rawr means Happy Anniversary

Yesterday my husband and I celebrated eleven years of marriage. I don’t normally make him cards, but this is the first time in all our years together that we are celebrating our anniversary apart. Our oldest daughter lives in Virginia (we live in NY) and we are assisting her and her family as she gets back on her feet from a recent catastrophic illness.

I have loved this set since I first saw it. For some reason, my mind only viewed it as “Valentines” and I initially dismissed it. I thought about it more and given the fact that I have four grandsons, this would be great for them too. Valentines card, maybe even a birthday card... I know I LOVED getting cards and letters from my grandma when I was younger, so hopefully they will too. So I bought this bundle with my grandkids in mind, never realizing it would make a cute and fun anniversary card for my husband. As much as I love a super mushy card, I appreciate a card that makes me laugh out loud too.


Stamps:
Rawr (Lawn Fawn)

Paper:
Dapper Denim (Stampin Up Retired)
Stampers Select White (Papertrey Ink)

Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black (SU)
Faded Jeans Distress Oxide (Blitsy)
Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide (Blitsy)
Broken China Distress Oxide (Blitsy)

Accessories:
Sizzix Big Shot (SU)
Wonky Stitched Rectangle Dies (Gina Marie Designs)
Rawr Lawn Cuts (LF)
Hearts Collection Framelits (SU Retired)
Copic Sketch Markers (Jerry's Artarama)

No comments:

Post a Comment