Monday, February 12, 2018

Look Mom, No Stamps!

This card was created as part of Papertrey Ink’s Anniversary celebration. This challenge was to use dies only- no stamps. I initially thought it would be easy peasy. I have lots of word and background dies.  I would just need to figure out which ones to use. Hmmm.... that became the hard part.

I wasn’t sure the colors I was going to use once I decided on my background... I have 24 oxide colors to choose from, and I decoded to stay away from the blue/green combo I usually default to. I grabbed picked raspberry and started blending it in to the one end. Yikes! It was a brighter color than I wanted. Then I switched to worn lipstick on the other end and wasn’t liking the huge swing between the two pink shades. I then added the iced spruce to the middle hoping to balance out the colors. Once I oxidized the card, I was glad I waited... the colors mellowed out and blended together nicely.  



Here are the supplies I used:

Stamps:
None

Paper:
Stampers Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Smokey Shadow (PTI)
Brushed Silver (Recollections)

Ink:
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Iced Spruce (Blitsy)
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Worn Lipstick (Blitsy)
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Picked Raspberry (Blitsy)

Accessories:
Sizzix Big Shot (Stampin Up)
Plaid Mix and Mat Die (PTI)


1 comment: