Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Black and White Valentine

This card was created as an entry for the Unity No Color Challenge. We are in the season for Valentine's Day... so that is the direction I went with this card. Third time is the charm as they say, and it was the third try before I was able to get this card exactly how I pictured it in my head. I don't often get the time to play along with these challenges, but was excited to find time to participate in this one. 

The En Francis stamp from Stampin Up makes for a great subtle background on this card. I use this stamp often in many of my creations in place of patterned paper. I opted for a black frame to balance out the colors in this card so that black and white appeared to be equally represented. The black base layer of the flower and the white petals are the only part of the card that is embossed. I added this detail to give the card definition. I lightly sponged black over the love die cut so that it would stand out. Black on this sentiment was too harsh, and leaving it white caused it to get lost in the background. Thanks for looking




Here are the supplies I used:

Stamps:
You Are This (Unity Stamp Company)
En Francis (Stampin Up Retired)

Paper:
Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink)
True Black (PTI)


Ink:
Versamark (SU)
Versafine Onyx Black (Simon Says Stamp)

Accessories:
Marvy Heat tool 
Sixxiz Big Shot (SU)
Sunshine Wishes Thinlits (SU)
Scalloped Stitched Rectangles (Gina Marie Designs)
Tim Holtz Stamp Platform (Blitsy)
Clear embossing Powder (SU)
White Embossing Powder (SU)






No comments:

Post a Comment