Sunday, March 5, 2017

Circle of Spring

This card was created to participate in the CYCI Challenge #148. This was a color challenge to use turquoise, yellow, white, and gray. These colors instantly made me think of spring. Instead of recreating one of favorite Easter cards using these colors, I decided to look to some of my neglected stamps and get to work. Kind of like clothes, we have our favorites that we wear all the time, while other 'just as nice' clothes hang in our closet waiting for their turn.

The wreath stamp set I used today is similar to one that is a favorite multi-holiday stamp called Wondrous Wreat. I favor it for Christmas, but it can fit perfectly with a house warming gift, use fall colors for Halloween or Thanksgiving, or adorn pink flowers to a simple green wreath and make it a baby shower gift.

I love playing along with these color challenges, as it gets me outside of my comfort zone of how I was "taught" when I was first started stamping. The only hard part about this challenge was deciding which stamp set to use.





Here are the supplies I used:
Stamps:
Circle of Spring (SU Retired)

Paper:
Whisper White (SU)
Smoky Slate (SU)
So Saffron (SU)
Bermuda Bay (SU)

Ink:
Bermuda Bay (SU)
So Saffron (SU)
Pear Pizzazz (SU)
Basic Gray (SU)
Tuxedo Black (Memento)

Accessories:
Sizzix Big Shot
Wonderful Wreath Framelits (SU Retired)
Blender Pen (SU)
Scallop Oval punch (SU Retired)
Oval punch (SU Retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment