Sunday, February 19, 2017

Beautiful You

This card was created to participate in the CYCI Challenge #147. This was a color challenge to use red, pink, black and silver. I don't think I have paired red and pink together before, so I went to Pinterest to find some color combinations that would work. Not only did I find great color options, I found tons of Valentines Day card ideas. Since that holiday has passed, I needed to try to sideline those distractions and get back to the task at hand.

The main stamp set I used today was one that I was instantly drawn to when the new Stampin Up catalog was released last year. It is one that sat unused for quite a while, but recently has seen quite a bit of ink. I find that pairing it with the 'Polaroid' die cut is perfect, as if the image wanted to be captured on film. I find that I use that stamp and die together quite often.

I enjoyed this color challenge and will be using the red/pink combination again. Sometimes I  just need to remember that specific colors don't always have to fit their Hallmark holidays.





Here are the supplies I used:
Stamps:
En Francais Background Stamp (Stampin Up Retired)
Beautiful You (SU)
My Monthly Hero February 2017 Kit (Hero Arts)

Paper:
Whisper White (SU)
Smoky Slate (SU)
Pink Pirouette (SU)
Basic Black (SU)
Brushed Silver (SU Retired)

Ink:
Blushing Bride (SU)
Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Pink Pirouette (SU)

Accessories:
Sizzix Big Shot
Say Cheese die cut (Lawn Fawn)
Blender Pen (SU)
Shin Han Alcohol Marker (CTMH)

1 comment:

  1. Love this card Eileen, clean and simple. Just lovely. Thanks for playing along at CYCI - Rose.

    ReplyDelete