Sunday, March 12, 2017

Purple is for CF

This card was created with a two fold purpose. First one is to participate in the CYCI Challenge #149, the other was for CF awareness. The CYCI challenge was a sketch challenge, following a given design. My Simon Says Stamp order arrived Friday, and it included some pieces that have been on my wish list for some time.

The main focus of this card is the care free girl in the center sending her wishes off into the wind. When I first saw this stamp, I knew I had to have it.  For those who don't know, my grandson was born with Cystic Fibrosis. Our family now knows the true value of each breath we take, and what a gift it really is. Purple is the awareness color associated with this disease, so that was an obvious choice when creating this card.

I was very pleased with the end result of this card. Nothing is more satisfying than seeing your creation turn out better you planned. I see other options for this young lady, but she will always be dressed in purple.




Here are the supplies I used:
Stamps:
Every Breath (Unity Stamp Co)
Dandelion (Technique Tuesday)

Paper:
Whisper White (SU)
Wisteria Wonder (SU)
Brushed Silver (Recollections)

Ink:
Wisteria Wonder (SU)
Tuxedo Black (Memento)

Accessories:
Sizzix Big Shot
Triple Banner Punch (SU)
Dandelion Seeds EF (DO Crafts)
Oval punch (SU Retired)
Wink of Stella
Colored pencils (assorted)
Copic markers (assorted)

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty, Eileen!! And so meaningful when you read the story behind it. ❤

    ReplyDelete