Sunday, March 19, 2017

Thinking of YOU

This card was created to participate in the CYCI Challenge #150. This CYCI challenge was a color challenge, using the colors mint, navy, copper, and white. If we don't have these exact colors, we can use like colors. That's good, because I was worried that in all my stash, I had nothing in copper. Luckily, I had an unopened pot of copper embossing powder.

Over the course of the last month, I have received orders from Unity, Simon Says Stamp, and Stampin Up. So needless to say, I had lots of new goodies to choose from.  If my copper embossing powder says anything about my shopping and stamping habits... I should ink up my new stuff, since I was so eager and happy to buy them.

The stamp set I used for this card is very similar to the one currently featured in the Stampin Up Sale-A-Bration catalog and is only available until the end of March. I started out with that stamp set in my design, but went back to this old favorite. I would quickly place this in my top three favorite stamp sets. It looks beautiful in a variety of color combinations, therefore fitting many occasions.




Here are the supplies I used:
Stamps:
Daydream Medallions (Stampin Up Retired)
Happy to Be Friends (Close to my Heart)

Paper:
Whisper White (SU)
Mint Macron (SU)
Not Quite Navy (SU)

Ink:
Mint Macron (SU)
Not Quite Navy (SU)
Versamark

Accessories:
Sizzix Big Shot
Triple Banner Punch (SU)
D'vine Swirl EF (Cricut)
Floral Frames Framelits (SU Retired)
Copper embossing powder (SU)
Stampin Dimensionals (SU)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, Eileen! I love the layers in the medallion! You're so right! I have so many stamps that were must haves that still haven't seen ink... I should ink them up!

    ReplyDelete