Sunday, February 5, 2017

CYCI Sunflower

This card was created to participate in the CYCI Challenge #146. This was a color challenge to use curry yellow, teal, orange, and burgundy. When I thought of those colors together, my mind instantly went to fall images. Since I am currently waiting on my PTI order, I had to be resourceful with whatever burgundy cardstock I had on hand.

Looking at my stamps, I was instantly drawn to my sunflower stamp. I learned a heat embossing trick a few years ago that shows you how to create an embossed image in any color. I used that technique today to make the sunflower really stand out as the focal point of the card. Not wanting to trim my sunflower too much, I decided on a 5x7 size for this layout. Using various embossing folders, I accented the other colors with a hint of design, while still keeping the eyes focused on the sunflower.

This card was a fun creation. Colors I wouldn't have combined together on my own, came together nicely in the finished project.




Here are the supplies I used:
Stamps:
Sunflower Background Stamp (Stampin Up Retired)

Paper:
Whisper White (SU)
Crushed Curry (SU)
Bermuda Bay (SU)
Pomegranate (CTMH)
Poppy (CTMH)

Ink:
Crushed Curry (SU)
Versamark

Accessories:
Clear Embossing Powder (Recollections)
Embossing Heat Tool (Marvy)
Sizzix Big Shot
Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (SU Retired)
Seaside Embossing Folder (SU)
D'Vine Embossing Folder

No comments:

Post a Comment