Saturday, February 4, 2017

You Are My Sunshine

This past week we celebrated Groundhogs Day. Not much of an occasion if you are from the south, but us northerners view Punxsutawney Phil as a hypothetical meteorologist. This year he predicted six more weeks of winter. In light of the hilarious hashtag #notmygroundhog, I decided to create something that focused on spring and sunshine.

This stamp has been in my collection for a few years. I adore the saying as it reminds me of the like titled song that I would sing to my youngest daughter when she was a baby. ***GASP*** She will be turning 19 next week. When I first learned the starburst technique, I knew that this stamp would be the perfect compliment. I hope you agree with my pairing, the finished project is below.


Here are the supplies I used:
Stamps:
Sunshine (Stampin Up Retired)

Paper:
Whisper White (SU)
Daffodil Delight (SU)
Crushed Curry (SU)
Polka Dot Parade DSP (SU Retired)

Ink:
Crushed Curry (SU)

Accessories:
Sizzix Big Shot
Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (SU Retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment