Saturday, June 23, 2018

Hey, Gullfriend!

When I saw this stamp set it was just too cute to pass up. I also couldn’t resist having a “punny” seagull stamp set in my collection. Especially since I didn’t already have one. I waited for both pieces to be in stock together and I bought them. Lucky for one of my besties, the set arrived just a few days before her birthday. Her and I share the same sense of humor, so I knew she would enjoy this card.

This horizontal cover plate from Papertrey Ink makes for a perfect template to cut out and then inlay the ombré of colors to represent the sky background. Several of the sentiments from this stamp set fit perfectly between the horizontal layers... but I chose the one I knew would make my friend laugh out loud when she saw the card. My Tim Holtz Stamp Platform was used and my sentiment was straight on the very first try.



Stamps:
Seaside Seagulls (My Favorite Things)

Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black (Stampin Up)

Paper:
Stampers Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Enchanted Evening (PTI)
Blueberry Sky (PTI)
Spring Rain (PTI)

Accessories:
Sizzix Big Shot (SU)
Cover Plate: Stripes Horizontal Die (PTI)
Die-Namics Seaside Seagulls (MFT)
Tim Holtz Stamp Platform (Blitsy)
Copic Sketch Markers (Jerry's Artarama)



No comments:

Post a Comment