Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Growing in Unity Day Two

Hello and Welcome back to my Growing in Unity Day Two post. If you missed yesterday's post, you can view it HERE.

I loved this stamp set when it first came out. Although it is not an Angie girl, it was my first stamp set to feature an "Angie" type girl on it, as all the other character stamp sets I had (at that point) had faces. This set really spoke to me. I love all the sentiments in this set and I chose the one that speaks most of ME. I am always thankful... even in the worst of situations. I always pause to remember that my situation could be worse, and that God has always given me the strength and the power, strength and courage to walk away.

I used my Tim Holtz Platform to create the background wording, as it was easy to keep the stamp in one position and move the paper slightly to achieve this look. I did it in one try, just another shameless plug for a stamp positioning tool! I used the empty space on the sentiment to place the cameo of the 'She'. Again, when looking for layout ideas... I love searching for card sketches on Pinterest for basic ideas and just running with it.


Don't forget to comment to be entered to win a prize pack supplied by Unity!

Stamps:
She Never Says Never (Unity Stamp Company)

Paper:
Just Be You (Echo Park)
Stampers Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Mint Julep (PTI)
Berry Sorbet (PTI)

Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black (SU)

Accessories:
Sizzix Big Shot (SU)
Petite Ovals Large (Spellbinders)
Petite Scalloped Ovals Large (Spellbinders)
Copic Sketch Markers (Jerry's Artarama)

35 comments:

  1. She is beautiful! I love the stamp positioning tool too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! Love the color you chose for her sweater... really pops with the flowers in the background! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice card. I love how it is all layered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card. I just wish there was a face on her. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors and layers. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful combination of background stamping with patterned paper. I love the composition and colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card with the pretty paper and mint border. The stamp is full of character with her sophisticated hairstyle. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work. 🙂 Love how the printed background paper works with the main sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about this card! The paper, the sentiment, the girl and her hair. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card - a stamp positioning tool is a 'must have'!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is absolutely GORGEOUS!
    I love this sketch, then paper, your coloring is AHHHmazing! This is one of my most favorite sets.. TFS.. muahh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the layout on this card. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. Love the floral background. What an awesome sentiment. A heart of gratitude is something we should all strive for. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful and sweet. The patterned paper on the background is perfect and make the girl image pop. Love the sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card. I like this sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful and elegant card; lovely

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful very nice card thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just got "her" too but haven't inked her up yet! So many stamps, not enough time. But I love your card design.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the card - and your message. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your layering, coloring and that quote! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this. Great format. love the colors and stamp

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great job on the background! Beautiful card with so much detail!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your combination; the printed background is exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the card! My stamp platform absolutely has made me feel like a real professional. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this Angie girl! She is super easy to paper piece! Your card is beautiful!
    --Phaline Mays

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card. Great design. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just stunning! Love the coloring, patterns, design, and sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice card! I love my Tim Holtz stamp platform, too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Neat way to do the word background!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice card, love the colors.
    Cindy f

    ReplyDelete
  31. That’s such a lovely card !
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete