Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Growing in Unity Day Three

Hello and Welcome back to my Growing in Unity Day Three post. If you missed my previous posts,  you can view them here:
MONDAY
TUESDAY

This single stamp here is the reason why I signed up for the Kit of the Month. My friend had been posting some really cute stuff that she made with some recent KOM's, and I looked into them. Not sure if I wanted the commitment... I decided to wait a month. Well... a sneak peek came out a few day before and it revealed this beauty. This confirmed my decision and signed up right on the 1st!

The next hurdle was learning how to color... not just flat coloring of the image with one color, but to really color with depth and highlighting. I have been diligently watching videos and reading blogs. I am satisfied with what I have learned from everyone so far. I know I have a ways yet to go, but comparison is the thief of joy... so I will be happy with my progress and keep moving forward.


Don't forget to comment to be entered to win a prize pack supplied by Unity!

Stamps:
Its Going to be Beautiful July 2017 Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Company)

Paper:
Stampers Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Harvest Gold (PTI)
Pumpkin Spice (Pink & Main)

Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black (SU)

Accessories:
Copic Sketch Markers (Jerry's Artarama)

27 comments:

  1. I love that stamp too and your putting it on the diagonal is a great idea and saves the debate over vertical or horizontal with this image. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Eileen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you love this stamp and it made you sign up for the KOTM! These stamps have a life of their own! I love the plaid border and your coloring is really good. The blue around the image is wonderful too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card! Soft and pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your coloring is wonderful! And this is
    a beautiful flower. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! I love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your artwork and I too am learning to color. So what I'm REALLY going to keep from today's post is - comparison is the thief of joy. You are so right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty. I like your coloring and the plaid layer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card. Your coloring is spot on. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card and the way the stem becomes a sentiment! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simple beauty at it's finest! Your card is so pretty!
    --Phaline Mays

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is beautiful. I love this image. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great coloring, love the plaid, and a lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card!! I love your coloring and the colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I learn best by tactile learning (actually doing something). I was fortunate to have a great teacher named Jim who was so patient with me! Unfortunately, about eight years ago, the shop closed and he went to a different job. I do attend a rubber stamping event and do the make-and-takes to learn things.... Sometimes I remember, sometimes I don't...…… Very nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no... I don't see my comment??!! Well, I love this card. I really love the stem, and paper you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card, your colouring is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! I love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's one of my favorite stamps in the kotm.
    Beautiful card.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card, love the layering.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely job with the shading; very realistic. It's a skill, I'm still working on.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card! Fabulous coloring Eileen!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You’ve made a sweet card design !!
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete