Saturday, May 5, 2018

Friends of Unity May Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to our Friends of Unity May Blog Hop. This month we are focusing on “Motherly Love”. Since I am lucky enough to still have my mom, I figured I would kill two birds with one stone! I would make her card the feature in my blog! I have a mother in law to think of as well, so I needed to make two cards. Since neither mom are mushy kind of ladies... it made the card much easier.

I had exhausted my “Happy Mother’s Day” stamps years ago, so I really searched my sentiments to find just the right one. I’m sure they wouldn’t notice that I have used the same two for the past dozen or so years... but I knew. After searching all of my sets, I came up empty handed. It suddenly dawned on me that there was one place I hadn’t looked yet. In my plastic case of Unity Grab Bag stamps. There it was, the perfect sentiment stamp...

One card was made with the traditional water based ink on cardstock. The other was using alcohol inks on alcohol ink cardstock. For Echo Noble's video that inspired second card, click the link HERE.




Hop along with the other Friends of Unity and see their creations...

Stamps:
Bold Bloom (Unity Stamp Company)
Succulent Salutations (Unity)

Ink:
Lemon Tart (Papertrey Ink)
Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink- Sunshine Yellow (Blitsy)
Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink- Sunset Orange (Blitsy)
Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink- Poppyfield (Blitsy)
Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink - Patina (Blitsy

Paper:
Lemon Tart Cardstock (PTI)
Stampers Select White Cardstock (PTI)
Calypso Coral Cardstock (Stampin Up)
Pool Party Cardstock (SU Retired)
Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink Cardstock (Blitsy)

Accessories:
Sizzix Big Shot (SU)
 Bold Alphabet Dies (Altenew)
Tim Holtz Alcohol Blending Solution (Blitsy)
Oval Punch (SU Retired)
Oval Scalloped Punch (SU Retired)
Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink Mini Applicator (Blitsy)

12 comments:

  1. Love these flowers so much! Great sentiment to go with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cards, Eileen! Both so beautiful... I really love the color combo on the second card. So vibrant and one of my favorite color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh.. the eclipse technique! I cannot love this enough!
    I love you color combos and yes, that sentiment is perfect!
    Great job on them both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these Eileen! I really love the colors you used on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards!Love the bold colors of the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are very lovely! I think both techniques are delightful...
    Many thanks, Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these! ❤️❤️ I need to try an eclipse card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE eclipse cards...my new favorite thing. Love your colors, patterns and designs. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You created a beautiful background. The orange and blue look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness that flower is stunning as the background image!!! Absolutely beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your use of bold bloom stamp! Both cards are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete