Saturday, May 19, 2018

Our Friendship Grows

Everyone has certain stamps they have multiples of. I have a friend who loves coffee themed stamps and another who loves cowboys, horses and Wild West themed. My favorite stamp is the sunflower, which is also one of my favorite flowers.  We have multiple bird feeders around our house that have sunflowers seeds in them. Every year the chipmunk that lives under our front steps steals whatever seeds that have fallen to the ground and “plants” them around our yard. Each year as a result of his efforts (and forgetfulness for where he hides them) we have beautiful sunflowers that grow in mid to late summer.

This Lawn Fawn stamp set had two different sizes of sunflowers. I used the smaller one to create the background. I colored the larger bloom and popped it up to give the card dimension. I considered lightly coloring in the background flowers, but I was really satisfied with the black and white look. This card was quick to make that will definitely go on the repeat list.


Stamps:
Our Friendship Grows (Lawn Fawn)

Paper:
Crushed Curry (Stampin Up)
True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Stampers Select White (PTI)

Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black (SU)

Accessories:
Sizzix Big Shot (SU)
Copic Sketch Markers Assorted (Jerry's Artarama)
Our Friendship Grows Lawn Cuts (LF)

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite cards that you have made!
    Love it, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete