Saturday, April 28, 2018

An Abundance of Birthdays

If you have read my blog long enough, I am notorious for saying “special people deserve special birthday cards”. I needed two birthday cards for two long time friends with birthdays that are just a few days apart. I try to not make cards for them that I have made in the past... this can be a challenge since I don’t always remember what stamp set I used, I try to use a brand new stamp set or newly learned technique. This year I combined a little of both.

Jennifer McGuire recently posted a video using Tim Holtz Distress Micro Glaze. I love her videos and how she takes things step by step and really makes you feel that you can accomplish the same thing she is doing. That was the case here. When I was done with the technique, I was in awe. I then had to decide what to do with this pretty paper I created. It looked liked water... so it would be perfectly paired with a mermaid stamp I recently purchased. Instead, I used my Altenew alphabet dies and cut out the letters h-a-p-p-y and created two birthday cards from the one sheet.


Stamps:
Sunshine Wishes (Stampin Up Retired)

Paper:
Whisper White (SU)
Tempting Turquoise (SU Retired)
Pacific Point (SU)
Tim Holtz Alcohol Cardstock (Blitsy

Ink:
Tempting Turquoise (SU Retired)
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Faded Jeans (Blitsy)
Tim Holtz Disress Oxide Broken China (Blitsy)
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Cracked Pistachio (Blitsy)

Accessories: 
Sizzix Big Shot (SU)
Bold Alphabet Dies (Altenew)
Classic Label Punch (SU)
Decorative Dots Embossing Folder (SU Retired)
Tim Holtz Distress Micro Glaze (Blitsy)

No comments:

Post a Comment