Thursday, May 10, 2018

Everything Joyful and Beautiful

Getting ready for a trip away at the end of the month, so lots of things are being pushed forward in order to get ready to leave. Work commitments, things to do around the house, etc. I have a perpetual list on my fridge with things to do before I leave. At the top of the list are friends names and their birthdays. Luckily for me, the one I sent earlier this month arrived right on her birthday, the note included “sorry if this is late”.

The card I made is something similar to one I have seen on the Unity Show and Tell page. I started off by stamping the floral image on a page of an old library book. The paper isn’t really thick, so I did light shading with my Copics, but not much blending for fear I would rip the paper. I stamped the image again on white cardstock and colored the leaves and stems before fussy cutting the flower from the book page and gluing it down. I lightly rubbed the sentiment banner over my open ink pad, giving a light distressed look.

Stamps:
Everything Joyful & Beautiful (Unity Stamp Company)
Happy Moments (Unity)

Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black (Stampin Up)
Wisteria Wonder (Stampin Up Retired)

Paper:
Wisteria Wonder (Stampin Up Retired)
Stampers Select White (Papertrey Ink)

Accessories:
Sizzix Big Shot (SU)
Wonky Stitched Rectangle Dies (Gina Marie Designs)
Triple Banner Punch (SU)
Copic Sketch Markers Assorted (Jerry’s Artarama)

No comments:

Post a Comment