Saturday, April 7, 2018

Friends of Unity April Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to our Friends of Unity April Blog Hop. This month is all about April Showers. When I first thought about the theme, I thought of baby showers! I have had four people I know this year have babies... the end result was split: two girls and two boys. One of the babies was a surprise, meaning mom and dad didn't know the gender in advance. Twenty years ago I gave birth... also waiting in anxious surprise for the delivery date to find out if I was going to have a boy or a girl. (Spoiler alert: it was a girl)

Long gone is the surprise factor behind birth announcements. There are still a few couples who simply don't want to know. I know that I was met with many curious questions from people who wanted to understand my logic behind leaving it a mystery. That is also the reasoning behind this card... I opted to leave it gender neutral. There is a very faint blue hue to the balloon, but not enough there to indicate that this is a card intended for a baby boy.



Hop along with the other Friends of Unity and see their creations. Psst... There is also a giveaway!
Jeanie Hayes
Eileen Mathys (You're Here!)
Wynne Grob
Dawn Fields

Stamps:
Sweet Elle (Unity Stamp Company)

Paper:
Basic Gray (Stampin Up)
Stampers Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Bazzill Patterned Paper (Joann Fabrics)

Ink:
Tuxedo Black (Memento)

Accessories:
Copic Sketch Markers (Jerry's Artarama)

19 comments:

  1. Super sweet card! I love all the layers and your coloring on the elephant is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layers, perfect for this sweet elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute, love the monochromatic look and your coloring on the elephant is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card! So glad I have this stamp. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Eileen!!! How sweet is THIS??!!!!
    I just love it!! Perfect little baby card!!
    I love all your layers, too~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great for a baby boy or girl. Thanks so much bc I needed some baby card ideas! Got two friends preggers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg how sweet is this card????? Love love love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love the grey. It looks so soft.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww! Adorable! I have this little elephant too! What a great idea using the grey paper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh, this is so cute!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute. Love the mix of dp.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the , "unity" of the color...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love this sweet little elephant! This stamp is on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love elephants, and this one is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elephants are my favorite! This card is adorable, perfect for either a boy or a girl!
    --Phaline Mays

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eileen, this card is so sweet! Totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute baby card! That elephant is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete