Saturday, April 21, 2018

Amazing Friend

After the week I just had, I was looking forward to some relaxing time spent at home, hoping to lift my spirits. Looks like my crummy week wasn’t quite over yet. The cherry on my sundae was our kitchen sink needing a repair. It was a minor one if you were the plumber, but a major one to us. This gave me some unplanned extra time to be crafty, but all this bad news really zapped my creativity.

I stared longingly at my supplies with no initiative to begin...so I closed my eyes and randomly selected something. I picked my Concord and 9th Dahlia Turnabout bundle. While I have never had any luck getting the stamp exactly correct, I was able to get the die perfect on every try. With this card I made a stencil using the turnabout die, then sponged on Tim Holtz Distress Oxides. My template was made from cardstock, but the next one I will make from acetate, hoping to make it reusable. I blended Picked Raspberries on the outer petals and Wild Honey in the center. The space where they meet is a beautiful soft orange shade. 

I made two of these cards and sent them to a couple of my “amazing friends” who served as cheerleaders for me and kept me in good spirits over the past two weeks. Friends like these are simply priceless. 




Stamps:
Dahlia Turnabout (Concord & 9th)

Paper:
Stampers Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Hibiscus Burst (PTI)
True Black (PTI)

Inks:
Black Onyx Versafine (Simon Says Stamp)
Versamark (SSS)
Picked Raspberries Distress Oxide (SSS)
Wild Honey Distress Oxide (SSS)

Accessories:
Marvy Heat Tool
Clear Embossing Powder
White Embossing Powder
Dahlia Turnabout Die (C9)
To The Point Edgers Die (PTI)
Die-namics Essential Fishtail Sentiments Strips (My Favorite Things)

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful card, Eileen! So cool that you made your own template. I’d love to know how your acetate template turns out. I love the colors and the design... simply beautiful! 💕

    ReplyDelete