Thursday, February 15, 2018

PTI Color Challenge

This card was created as part of Papertrey Ink’s Anniversary celebration. This challenge was a color challenge. We had nine different color groupings to choose from... they were all beautiful. I pulled out my swatch box and paired them all up in real life before deciding on which one I would choose. The rich earth tones in Heather Nichols’s design immediately clicked with me and the card I planned on doing. 

I have only been buying from Papertrey Ink for a little over a year now. I fell in love with their  paper right away. So the first thing I did was to make sure I had every single color of cardstock.  Slowly after that I have been building up stamps, dies and ink. I have roughly 10 ink pads in my collection, so I knew my card would need to be heavy on the cardstock to enter in this challenge. I went with this design, as it is one I favor when I have scraps of paper to use up. I selected the Blessed stamp for this since the card has a Fall/Thanksgiving feel to me. 



Here are the supplies I used:

Stamps:
Keep it Simple: Blessed (Papertrey Ink

Paper:
Vintage Cream (PTI)
Scarlet Jewel  (PTI)
Honey Nut (PTI)
Olive Twist (PTI)
Prairie Grass (PTI)
Classic Kraft (PTI)

Ink:
Scarlet Jewel (PTI)
Versamark (Stampin Up)

Accessories:
Sizzix Big Shot (SU)
Decorative Dots Embossing Folder (SU Retired)
D’vine Swirl Embossing Folder (Cricut Retired)
Marvy Heat Tool
Clear Embossing Powder (SU)



1 comment: