Saturday, February 3, 2018

Friends of Unity February Blog Hop

Welcome Unity fans to our Friends of Unity February blog hop! This month our theme is Love. I came up with my  basic layout idea for this card from a video that I saw from Jennifer McGuire on stacked die cutting cards. You can see her video tutorial here. My idea takes the idea of using multiple dies and creating inward dimension, not necessarily giving the card extra height. 

The stamp set used in this card design is another reason why I like my Tim Holtz platform so much. Having the grid lines really helps line the stamps up instead of just eyeballing their placement on a clear acrylic block.  I am a big fan of monochromatic cards, so I kept this card simple with the navy and white color scheme. 





Here are the supplies I used:

Stamps:
Special Wishes  (Unity Stamp Company)

Paper:
Stampers Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Dark Indigo (PTI)
Floral Boutique (SU Retired)
Clear Cardstock (PTI)

Ink:
Night of Navy (Stampin Up)

Accessories:
Sizzix Big Shot (SU)
Lots of Labels Framelits (SU)
Tim Holtz Stamping Platform (Blitsy)

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog! Hop to the others and see their amazing creations:

Eileen Mathys (You're Here!)

21 comments:

  1. Very elegant! Great advice about using a platform.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That floral background paper is gorgeous! I think I have a similar die...I have to try this technique, it really makes such an elegant card. Great job Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty and very effective!! Thanks for the share and the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the elegance of your card! Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elegant yet simple! Lucky person to receive this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As everyone who commented before me says, this is such an elegant card. Simple, and beautiful! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! I love the layers using multiple dies! It really brings great dimension to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eileen, your card is very sweet and lovely. I love the layers of labels for the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and elegant!!!! I really like the look of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful. I love the layers and the texture you created. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is so classy and elegant, Eileen! I will have to try this for another design - you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Love the layering!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the classic nature of this card. So so pretty!-Annie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the stacked dies and monochromatic colors. Thanks for sharing. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eyecatching and very elegant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely sophisticated card! Love the navy color!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute card! Love the heart die and the use of an envelope!

    ReplyDelete