Saturday, March 17, 2018

My Favorite (The Easiest) One Sheet Wonder

One of my goals for this year was to use up some of my patterned paper. In the past, a quick and easy way to use up paper was to create a One Sheet Wonder or "OSW". I have seen several patterns for this paper hack, many of them involve tricky cuts or layering. This design I happened to stumble across while looking for inspiration on Pinterest. I was seeking out creations for a stamp set... one that I had no idea why I bought, especially if I had to go to Pinterest for ideas on how to use it. Funny how it lead to me to this amazingly simple OSW. 

The best part about this, is that you really only have to remember two cuts, and this design doesn't make up a ton of cards. Granted this design makes all your cards look similar, it is the added sentiment where the difference comes in. Take six sheets of 12x12 coordinating double sided patterned paper and cut each sheet into 3"x4" pieces. Depending on which way you prefer your card orientation, make sure to cut the paper accordingly. Since you will have 12 cuts of the same design, split it into two stacks of six. You will cut one stack into 2-1/4" (saving the 3/4" scrap). You will need all three pieces to make your card. ***Please note these instructions are ideal for a standard 12 sheet pack of DSP sold by Stampin Up!

Mix and match your two larger pieces with the small scrap. I like to use the smaller piece to cover up the seam. Remember if using double sided paper to flip the sheets over to reveal the different designs. Pattern mixing can be fun, but don't let it become frustrating. As you can see below, I have mixed and matched all my pieces and will start the process of getting my cards assembled. I will leave these cards without sentiments so I will have a card ready "on the fly" for an appropriate occasion. 



Stamps:
Seaside Shore (Stampin Up)

Paper:
By the Shore DSP (SU Retired)
Calypso Coral (SU)
Very Vanilla (SU)

Ink:
Calypso Coral (SU)

Accessories:
Sizzix Big Shot (SU)
Spellbinders Petite Scalloped Ovals
Spellbinder Petite Ovals


1 comment:

  1. WOW!! This will really come in handy!
    Thanks for sharing!! I love the cards too :)

    ReplyDelete