Saturday, March 10, 2018

Butterfly Tag

This tag was created as an entry into the Unity Stamp Company's Spring Tag Challenge. I am not much of a "tag" person, so making one was really a stretch for me. In my mind a tag is something similar to a bookmark, so I set off to make something that resembled exactly that. 

When I think of spring, I think of new life. We had a brief glimpse of spring a week or so ago until the snow came back. Spring will be here soon enough and we will see all the signs of new life... birds, flowers, and one of my favorites, the butterfly. 


For this tag I once again used one of my favorite backgrounds, a page from an old library book. I cut the piece just a bit larger than my tag and tore the edges down for a distressed look. I sponged Tim Holtz Antique Linen on the paper to give it an aged appearance. Around the edges, I sponged Frayed Burlap so that the newsprint appeared to blend into the kraft colored tag. I inked up the butterfly first in the Berry Burst and then in Versamark before adding the holographic embossing powder. I think this gave the card just a touch of bling. I fussy cut the butterfly out and added a sentiment with a bold enough font to not get lost in the background. It is simply by chance that the space in the background fit with smaller text.



Stamps:
Do What We Love SMAK March 2015 Kit (Unity Stamp Company)
Never Be Afraid KOM August 2017 Kit (Unity)

Paper:
Classic Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Vintage Cream (PTI)
Upcycled Library Book

Ink:
Antique Linen Distress Oxide (Blitsy)
Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide (Blitsy)
Berry Burst (Stampin Up)
Versamark (SU)

Accessories
Marvy Heat Tool
Ranger Holographic Embossing Powder (Simon Says Stamp)
Burlap (Michael's)


1 comment: