Sunday, June 18, 2017

Happy Birthday Daisy

I just finished week three of my birthday card challenge. This week I decided to create a card with another one of my favorite flowers. This card was partly inspired by Whitney Magnuson from Unity Stamp Company. The daisy stamp used is one of their new kits this month, one look and I knew I had to have it. 

The cards I make are almost exclusively A2 in size. This goes to show how large the daisy stamp is. I chose to add some gray watercoloring to give the flower some depth. I am still learning how to use watercolors effectively, and was happy with the simple touches I added here. I fussy cut the flower and turned the edges to have it lift off the front of the card. I finished the card with a die cut ‘happy’ and a heat embossed ‘birthday wishes’ from Papertrey Ink. 



Here are the supplies I used:

Stamps:
A Daisy & A Lady (Unity Stamp Company )
Ways to Say: Birthday (PTI)

Paper:
Real Red (SU)
Whisper White (SU)
Basic Black (SU)
Stampin Up DSP Brights Pack (SU Retired)

Ink:
Stazon
Versafine Onyx Black

Accessories:
Sixxiz Big Shot
Ways to Say: Birthday Die (PTI)
Clear Embossing Powder (Recollections)
Coloré Watercolor Pencils (Amazon)
Water Brush

No comments:

Post a Comment