Saturday, September 29, 2018

Tea Cup Floret

This card was made to celebrate national coffee day. This is a day I celebrate 365 days of the year. Coffee and I have a love/hate relationship... well to be honest, it’s the caffeine. Too much and I get a migraine, so I limit myself to two cups in the morning.  If I simply must have more later in the day, it’s gotta be decaf (GASP). If it was my choice... I would more coffee without hesitation. Iced or hot, I simply love the flavor.

I can remember drinking coffee as early as six years old. My grandmother had a jar of instant coffee in her cupboard and when I would visit she would let me have some for breakfast. I had to use A LOT of sugar and milk just to make it taste good. Now I prefer a mug full of dark roast with extra cream. I tried my best to color the coffee in my card to represent the lightness of my morning cup of joe. I also added some wink of stella to the flower to give the card some additional shimmer.


Stamps:
Tea Cup Floret (Unity Stamp Company)

Paper:
Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)
New Leaf (PTI)

Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black (Stampin Up)
Versa Clair Nocturne (Unity)

Accessories:
Marvy Heat Tool
Clear Embossing Powder (Unity)
Brother ScanNCut (Brother)
Copic Sketch Markers (Jerry’s Artarama)
Wink of Stella Clear 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Eileen! Love your childhood coffee anecdote! Happy National Coffee Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, Eileen! And the story of how your love of coffee began! 🤗🤗

    ReplyDelete