Saturday, July 7, 2018

Friends of Unity July Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to our Friends of Unity July Blog Hop. This month the theme is Christmas in July. If there is one thing I like more than birthday cards, it’s Christmas cards. My husband commented a few years ago that as our kids got older, their gifts get smaller but more expensive. Think about how true this is... back when the iPod first came out, they were small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, but cost $150. Luckily for us, our children were spaced out enough in age that we were not buying them all one in the same year.

Fast forward a half dozen or more years later, and gift cards or money are the gifts that are most commonly exchanged in our family. Many people will argue that those are impersonal and doesn't show much effort. While I am not a big fan of guessing what you may like, there are also those people who really are that hard to buy for. My father looks forward to the gift card we give him to his favorite hunting and fishing store. Sure its predictable, but he gets exactly what he wants.

I made this card my stamping directly onto the patterned paper and fussy cutting the cup out. I was careful when placing my foam dimensionals that I left enough room for the money to stick out of the top. The coffee staining on the background is oxide ink and a stencil directly on cardstock. This card could be easily modified and used as a money holder for a birthday or graduation gift.


Hop along with the other Friends of Unity and see their creations...Pssst! There is a giveaway too!

Eileen Mathys (you’re here)

 
Stamps:
Cuppa Comfort (Unity Stamp Company)

Paper:
Perfectly Plaid Dasher (Lawn Fawn)
Emerald Envy (Stampin Up Retired)
Real Red (SU)

Ink:
Walnut Stain Disress Oxides (Blitsy)
Black Onyx Versafine (Simon Says Stamp)

Accessories:
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil Splatters (SSS)

41 comments:

  1. Love this stamps! and the plaid pattern paper too!! Great idea, using it as a money pocket!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! Going to use it for sure for those hard-to-buy-for folks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used this coffee cup! So clever! Nice paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Eileen! And I agree with you...it's better to know that your gift will be used (and loved). And in this case, your card is a gift too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous idea! I love the plaid paper on the cup and that coffee ring background is awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eileen, love the plaid paper! So festive! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea - I love the paper you have used too

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun. Love the pattern paper and the coffee stains. And great idea for a pocket gift holder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW....the money pocket is a great idea for those hard to buy for people!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your idea of using that stamp as a gift card holder!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always looking for gift card/money holders. Love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a awesome idea! Love that plaid paper!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card!!! And with a change of paper to the cup it could be so many different occasions. Birthday. Graduation. Shower. Would be cute with a Starbucks gift card in it. Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This stamp kit has been on my wish list for quite a while. I think I will take the plunge the next time it goes on sale! I love this idea and everyone on my gift list prefers gift cards or cash as well, so I will definitely use this idea. Great card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never thought about doing something like this but it is a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  17. So clever! I like to give gift cards when I'm unsure what to give too. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a clever idea for a money card...and I LOVE the plaid background!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute card! I live plaid Christmas paper! A great idea for a gift card holder.
    --Phaline Mays

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh..cute..love the background and the money holder!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A fun Christmas card idea! Thanks for sharing!
    Kim Marie

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love it! I think gift cards are awesome. I'd prefer to pick something out, knowing I'll love and use it, than get another lotion/soap set! I like making personalized tags for Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this card, great idea!! And yes, giftcards are great, especially when you get a Unity one, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  24. I know my kids would love that little extra of green in that cup!!! With the price of postage, we send a check and give them an idea of what we wanted for them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very nice idea I like your ideas. Nice stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fun card! Love the paper pieced mug!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful… Love the plaid mug!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Glad to hop to see the beautiful creations. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a cool, creative idea! Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a great idea! I love interactive cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow great idea I am always looking for money/ gift card holder ideas. This idea will be put in my memory back for future use, thanks Eileen!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cute way to give money. I like the plaid cup.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the cup, and what a great idea to give money or a gift card.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Super cute card and what a fun way to present a gift card or a bit of cash.

    ReplyDelete
  35. That’s a great card and a great idea for holding a gift card or money ! Awesome ! Thanks for sharing.
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete