Saturday, October 13, 2018

I’m Pretty Sure

All the remnants of summer are pretty much over. This past week we had our final 70 and 80 degree days. Frost warnings are in the forecast, and the high doesn’t reach sixty degrees for at least the next ten days. Fall is officially here... leaves are changing colors and falling at a rapid pace, pumpkin and apple picking are popular weekend family events.

I am a lover of the heat summer, but fall is a pretty close second. I love the colors and the flavors that come along with this season. One of my favorites is the sunflower. While this beauty is found at the very end of summer, she spreads her arms widely and welcomes fall. 

This card was created with one of my favorite techniques... embossing resist. The sunflower was heat embossed first with white embossing powder than my distress oxides were sponged over the image. I then cut the sentiment apart and matted it on black cardstock. 



Stamps:
I’m Pretty Sure (Unity Stamp Company)

Paper:
Stampers Select White (Papertrey Ink)
True Black (PTI)
Summer Sunrise (PTI)

Ink:
Versamark (Stampin Up)
Fired Brick Distress Oxide (Tim Holtz)
Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide (Tim Holtz)
Wild Honey Distress Oxide (Tim Holtz)
Gina K Amalgam Jet Black (Unity)

Accessories:
Marvy  Heat Tool

1 comment:

  1. These colors are yummy. I loved how you matted everything with the black paper. Thank you for sharing the details.

    ReplyDelete