Saturday, July 21, 2018

Whole Love Story

This card was created as part of the one layer challenge at Unity Stamp Company. I initially struggled with the idea of giving a card depth on just one layer of paper. I had several ideas in mind, but none that really seemed better than the other. Inspiration comes in the strangest forms, weirdest places, or when we least expect it.
Crafting was the last thing on my mind when I was having dinner with my in laws the other night. My brother in law is a very talented photographer, and during dinner his hobby came up in conversation. The term “vignette” came up in the discussion and it wasn’t until the next morning that I decided that would be how I would add depth to my card.
I settled on a portrait style stamp and die cut an oval to be the mask over the stamped image. I sponged the distress oxide around the oval and once that was done I colored in the image with my Copic markers.



Stamps:
Whole Love Story (Unity Stamp Company)

Paper:
Stampers Select White (Papertrey Ink)

Ink:
Gina K Jet Black Amalgam Ink (Unity)
Black Soot Tim Holtz Distress Oxide (Blitsy)

Accessories:
Copic Sketch Markers (Jerry's Artarama)
Spellbinders Oval Die Cuts

No comments:

Post a Comment