Monday, May 29, 2017

Banner Butterfly

I have always enjoyed the fauna side of nature. Watching butterflies, hummingbirds, or even the first fawn sighting of the year. Something about that always reminds me of my childhood, visiting my great grandparents who lived in the country where life just seemed simpler. 

I have always loved this butterfly stamp. The color combinations to be used are endless. I honestly have a Pinterest board dedicated to color combinations and many of these butterfly images are saved to it. It's not that I can't come up with these color choices on my own... but sometimes I like to see the finished product first before I start. The following color combination jumped right out at me... especially when I thought of the intended recipient. 



Here are the supplies I used:

Stamps:
Watercolor Wings (SU)
Banner Style (Papertrey Ink)

Paper:
Island Indigo (SU)
Whisper White (SU)
Bermuda Bay (SU)

Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black
Island Indigo (SU) 
Bermuda Bay (SU)
Pool Party (SU)

Accessories:
Sizzix Big Shot 
Banner Style Dies (PTI)
Framed Tulips TIEF (SU Retired)
Dimensionals (SU)

No comments:

Post a Comment