Saturday, July 25, 2020

Christmas in July 2020 Hop


Welcome to Build Your Stash Holiday Hop! Let this holiday hop inspire your creativity and get you in the mood for some holiday cards. This is the time of year I try to create one or two a week as time allows to prepare myself before I am in the mad dash between Thanksgiving and Christmas.



All of the cards I make and send out will be hand made. Some of my friends are very special and dear to my heart and will get very special one of a kind creations. Other friends will get very punny cards, and other friends yet don't celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, or even Kwanzaa. They celebrate Yule, more of a pagan holiday. Being respectful of that, I opted to create this card for those who don't celebrate the traditional winter holidays as we know it.


I am a big fan of my Copic markers, but chose to experiment with some inexpensive watercolor paints that I picked up from Michaels. While I have a lot to learn yet with them, I figured the wide open spaces on this stamp set would be very forgiving to my novice hand. I splattered white acrylic paint over the finished image to give the appearance of snow, which isn't clearly visible in the picture.

Stamps:
Warm and Cozy KOM 8/2019 (Unity Stamp Company)

Paper:
True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Stampers Select White (PTI)
Watercolor Paper (Tim Holtz)

Ink:
VersaFine Clair Nocturne (Unity)
Accessories:
Watercolor Paint (Michaels)
White Acrylic Paint for splatter

12 comments:

  1. Eileen, this is so pretty! I need to ink up that stamp and get to painting!! Thanks for inspiring me to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Eileen!! I love this stamp... you've inspired me to ink it up and watercolor!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful card, very serene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour you have used - great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Love the different shades of greens for the different trees!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card. I love how the background shows up. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card Eileen! I love those trees. Great design, colors, and coloring. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I think your watercoloring is great!

    ReplyDelete