Saturday, August 11, 2018

Keeping it Simple

This card was inspired by a design that I saw and simply knew I had the perfect stamp set to use. Once again I pulled out my favorite paper pack and began to work. Most people like to color than cut, but since I am still perfecting my coloring skills, I prefer to cut and then color.

This flower is from the smaller Unity Kit, not the one from the Kit of the Month, but I am sure either one would work. I use thick weight cardstock since I am coloring with alcohol markers. Fussy cutting on good weight paper sure made my hand tired quickly! I love the look of the stitched border and really thought it added just a touch to the card.


Stamps:
Keeping it Simple (Unity Stamp Company)

Paper:
Just Be You (Echo Park)
Mint Julep (Papertrey Ink)
Vintage Cream (PTI)

Ink:
Gina K Amalgam Ink Jet Black (Unity)
Blushing Bride (Stampin Up)

Accessories:
Circle Punch (SU Retired)
Simply Stitched A2 Vertical Dies (PTI)
Copic Sketch Markers (Jerry's Artarama



2 comments: