Sunday, January 28, 2018

Thinking Spring Flowers

Concord and 9th make these really cool stamps called “Turnabout” stamps. With four ninety degree turns of this stamp, you can make an awesome design. They have dots, triangles, and not this beautiful dahlia. The dahlia also comes with a turnabout die, which can also yield the same results. These two paired together can also create beautiful combinations, which I have yet to play around with. 

There is a learning curve with the turnabout stamp, but once you have the hang of it you will have fun mixing and matching the colors. As you can see, I am still working on getting it 100%, but for the friend that is getting this for her birthday, she will not mind that it is not perfect. 

As wee are nearing the end of January, I am thinking spring... so I went with soft color choices. The thought of snow melting and my early spring flowers in bloom left me with eager to stamp up more flowery images to help encourage Spring's quick arrival. 



Here are the supplies I used:

Stamps:
Dahlia Turnabout (C&9)

Paper:
Thick Whisper White (SU)
Calypso Coral (Stampin Up)
Marina Mist (SU)

Ink:
Calypso Coral(SU)
So Saffron (SU)
Marina Mist (SU)
Wild Wasabi (SU)
Versamark (SU)

Accessories:
Marvy Heat Tool 
Clear Embossing Powder (SU)
Tim Holtz Stamping Platform (Blitsy)





No comments:

Post a Comment